Friday, November 13, 2015

Bonus Review-Love the Coopers



My best buddy Lecia and me saw the new family Christmas comedy Love The Coopers this week. We both couldn't help but notice, with the exception of an appearance by Anthony Mackie as a cop, there wasn't anybody in the movie who looked like us. It felt like we crashed a holiday party that we hadn't been invited to.
If you'll notice in the past we seemed to get an alternating Latino or African American family Christmas movie every other year. ...I guess this is our year off in the rotation.
Love the Coopers has it's funny moments and there are some universal messages about family and love in the film, but I sure would have liked it a lot better if they coulda worked in a person of color into the family as a son or daughter in law. I rate the movie a MEDIUM on my "Hollywood Popcorn Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment